Wednesday, November 24, 2010

When you see someone you desperately love in pain, it is only natural to share the pain with them. Or at the very least to wish you could. In my short life of 21 years I have seen my share of heartache. My mother at the age of 35 had a debilitating stroke and she still lives with the repercussions of that now. My distant cousin who I was very fond of died suddenly leaving his wife, who is mentally ill. My youngest cousin on my mothers side suffers from Pheiffers Syndrome and will soon be having another surgery. Two friends of mine from high school died early. My brother's best friend died this past summer because of one careless mistake. He was such a good boy always after Christ. My grandmamma was in a horrible accident and everyday deals with arthritis so severe that it has mangled her body. And now my Aunt and Uncle are having issues that I will not discuss online.
These are but a few of the heartaches I have seen in my life. Each one significant in its own way, each one important, and equally heartbreaking.
The only thing that comforts me is knowing that there is something greater. There is more to this life then this earthly pain. Good things come out of the bad. It amazes me everytime I see a bad situation and God turns it around and brings some amazing good out of it. Even though my mother suffers everyday and makes frequent hospital visits, God has changed a lot in our family through this situation. Because of it, we are all closer to Him and everyday my mom is a great testimony to those who do not know Christ. There is nothing in this world I cannot handle because I am a daughter of the great King and I will have no fear for He is with me.
2 Corinthians 12:7-10 "So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited. Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is mad perfect in weakness'. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, with insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
This was written by Paul, a great servant of Christ. This verse comforts me knowing that God's grace is sufficient!

No comments:

Post a Comment