Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Weight Watching

I am on Weight Watchers. I confess! I have been on this diet or lifestyle change, however you wish to see it, for about a couple of months now. It actually works. I have never actually been what you would call "fat" or "overweight". In fact when I started the program I was in my healthy weight range. I guess being a woman, it is hard to find complete satisfaction in yourself. I am getting married and I want to look my best. So my goal has been to get down to 128 pounds. I started out at 142 I think. Right now, I am currently at 132 so I have lost 10 pounds. The funny thing is that I was in my health range, I was just towards the top and had a little extra here or there that I didn't care for. I only have 4 pounds to go but these seem to be the hardest. I actually got down to 131.5 pounds two weeks ago but have gained a half a pound since and cannot seem to lose anymore. Granted, these last two weeks, Ive been eating more because everything I see, I want to eat.
Another great accomplishment, I know wear a size 4 dress and size 6 in jeans. However, my size 8 jeans still fit alright. I'll tell you one thing, it has been great to go shopping and to see the difference in the sizes. It is hard to see the difference when you look in the mirror everyday but ten pounds does make a change. I know now that those pounds I've wanted to lose since Freshman year in College are actually coming off and were possible all the time. However, they do say that when a woman wants to lose ten pounds, it is harder than if she wants to lose fifty. That doesn't seem to make sense, but I think what they are saying is that the first ten pounds are the hardest to lose. Ironically, mine are the last four pounds that I am having trouble with.
The worst part of it all, is that I prob won't lose any weight till after the holidays. They came at just the right time. However, as long as I am 128 pounds on May 28, 2011, my wedding day, then all will be well with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment