Monday, November 15, 2010

Just Have Faith!

Right now, the future seems so uncertain and shaky. As a human being, I think we can all agree that we share a deep dark fear of the unknown. What will happen? Will it all work out? Am I doing what I am supposed to do in order to get me where ever it is that I am supposed to be? These questions creep into my day and sometimes my nights. Haunting my every step is the fear of what if I do the wrong thing or make one mistake. How much will that alter my life? Then even bigger questions follow like Am I making a difference? Am I being the best I can be? Do I have what it takes? Can God use me even though, to be honest, I feel like nothing but a worthless sinner unworthy of anything like God's love? These are some pretty deep questions for a 21 year old female most would say.
But to be honest I have really always had deep questions lurking in my soul. The problem with these questions is that really, let's be honest here, there aren't any 100% answers. No, we are not that lucky. Andrew and I are trying to prepare the best we can for our life together but some of these questions are so far from answered that we can't help but wonder are we ready? Then Andrew said something last night as we were discussing our future. He said something to the point of "sometimes you just have to have the faith and do it".
Whatever it is you feel called to do, whatever it is you are wanting to do, or whatever question you might have, just have faith! What a simple notion, right? Just have faith! I can't say its the easiest thing I've heard in my life. The biggest issue with that phrase is with faith comes the ability to believe without all of the answers laid out in front of us. There are only a few things I am absolutely certain in this life. One, I have a Savior and Lord of my life named Jesus Christ, who will certainly save me from the pits of Hell and despair and lead me into Heaven on the day I leave this earth, and two, that He, being God, will always provide for me. That does not mean that I will always have the riches I have always dreamed of or that life will be any kind of easy, actually quite the contrary, the bible promises life will be hard, but I will be provided for as a Child of God.
So even if I don't know the answers and cannot tell you my future or what it may look like or what I am going to do, I choose to have faith! I will jump when I can't see the ground, and leap with no certainty of landing, I will close my eyes when all I want to do is see and I will look up to the Heavens when the earth below is crashing in. I will not fear for thy Lord is my comforter! I will have faith! I am not afraid!

No comments:

Post a Comment